Labor day: favorites & currently reading!





                                     


       Favorites & currently reading!

                                             Hello all!!

            It has been quite a while since I have made a blog post, which I wish was not so. But alas, it is a busy life and I only recently have had more leisure time to do so. Which brings me to today's Labor Day blog of favorites & what I am currently reading! It has been a very, very busy summer for me and I have not been able to do as much reading as I might have liked, but I have falling back into the lovely habit of it now that the weather is deciding to become cooler. 

                  
Time to know my favorites!


               My favorites were definitely hard to pick, but some stood out among the others for me when I read them which caused me to file them under my category of 'favorites' (keep in mind these are only single books from anything, series included. I do however have a separate list for favorite book series.) I will tell a little about the book but not so much as to keep your curiosity alive so you will read and love them yourself! 

Here goes!! (In no particular order).



                                 'Irish Meadows' by: Susan Anne Mason

              'Irish Meadows' is a beautiful and renewing story of a family and the hardships that come when their family farm is at risk of being sold. Mr. O'Leary, the head of the Irish family expects his daughters Colleen and Brianna to marry wealthy, prosperous husbands so that the farm has a chance of surviving, but the girls has other ideas of who they wish to marry as the story unfolds and two men     - unsuitable in Mr. O'Leary's eyes- catch the fancies of his two daughters. Through it all I found this book to be a delightful mix of romance, learning, trial, and new beginnings. 





'Falling Like Snowflakes' by: Denise Hunter

Ahhhhhh, this book....*insert heart eyes emoji*. If you like romance, 'Falling Like Snowflakes' is DEFINITELY for you! A perfect mix of pure romance and mystery, this is a big page turner and will leave you never wanting it to end.  Eden Martelli has a secret, but the last thing she wants to happen is for Beau Callahan to find out, but soon finds out it might be harder than she thought, as her feelings for Beau begin to go deeper than friendship. Can she open up her heart enough to trust a man again? Is it worth the risk? Eden will do anything to protect her son's life, even if Beau truly is trustworthy. Find out what happens in this thrilling but lovely mystery romance! 






'Candle in the Darkness' by: Lynn Austin

Civil war romance? Um, yes please! Caroline Fletcher is conflicted. Living in southern Richmond, Virginia, she has seen the way slaves have been mistreated and her heart is torn to help them. But dare she go against her homeland? Her entire family is fighting for the south, her father, cousin, and betrothed, all risking their life for what they know to be true. Can she figure out a way to meet in the middle to go along with her faith and what she grew up believing to be true? (Hint: you'll LOVE it!).


                            

Now, for what I am currently reading!


      This is going to be a little different than my favorites. Because I have not finished reading these yet, I am unable to give a description I should hope to be accurate, and I am not going to put the back cover description, because how uncreative is that? (Plus, I'm pretty sure that is plagiarism)! Instead, I shall give the title and author of the book, as well as how many pages the book holds and the year it was released. Here we go!



     
                 
                               'No Other Will Do' by: Karen Witemeyer 
                  
 364 Pages. 2016 release.




'Anchor in the Storm' by: Sarah Sundin

  387 Pages. 2016 release.





         'Lady Midnight' by: Cassandra Clare 

668 Pages. 2016 release.


That's all for today's blog, thanks for reading! Keep on the lookout for my next blog, a review of 'An Elegant Facade" by Kristi Ann Hunter! 


Merriest wishes to all,

Olivia
                                    

                               

Comments

  1. So fun!!! Clearly Falling Like Snowflakes is one of my faves as well, and I love Irish Meadows too!!!! And I love seeing that you're reading No Other Will Do!!!! Are you enjoying it yet?
    Great post; I look forward to seeing your opinion of An Elegant Facade!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very far in 'No Other Will Do' yet, but I know I will love it!! Thanks!! :)

      Delete
  2. These look like super great books! Thanks for sharing with us, Olivia!!

    Thank you so much for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts